Most children and students have access to technology and it is an important part of their lives. They browse the Web for information, use social networking sites, text, and chat. However, there can also be dangers, and it is important to monitor their children's use and teach them how to be safe online. Common Sense Media give us 5 internet safety for children:
- Don't give out personal information.
- Never send pictures to strangers.
- Keep passwords private-except to parents.
- Don't download anything without permission.
- Tell and adult if you receive a message or email from stranger.
Visit BrainPOP Jr. for fun games that make learning about internet safety fun!
SafeKids.org has great resources for teachers and parents on internet safety. Please visit their website at: www.safekids.com/kids-rules-for-online-safety/